Today marks my first ever blogiversary!
I started my first blog back in 2014, but I got as far as one post before the PND hit. I’d been thinking about starting another one for ages, and last year decided to just go for it. At first I just wanted to log my thoughts and experiences – mainly the good ones – but it took a bit of a turn when I realised I had lots more ideas that I wanted to share. I outlined my plans for a new set-up in Bright Blogging Days but although I have the ideas and the motivation, everyday life comes first.
Still…37 posts later I’m still going. To celebrate I thought I’d share my top 10 of my blogging year.
- Getting to know people from all different communities in the blogosphere. Having a mix of subjects on my blog has led to interaction with a range of different people.
- Writing a guest post for the Sewcialists page. You can read my contribution to the #sewstripes challenge here.
- Having a place to share my witchy side. It’s not something I talk about with most of the people in my life, so it’s nice to have a place where I can be more open about practising magick.
- Breaking the silence on my experience with PND. Mental health needs to be discussed more openly.
- A world of inspiration awaits me in my feed. So many different people writing about different things in different ways!
- Gathering followers – this wasn’t ever one of my aims, as I started this blog for me. I’ve been amazed at how many people have stuck with me though, and taken the time to read what I have to say.
- Giving myself a voice. I have a lot to say, but sometimes find I can put across my point more coherently when it’s written down.
- Logging my family’s adventures. The blog acts as a way of recording our time together.
- Encouraging me to actually do the things I think/talk about doing – then to blog about them!
- Celebrating one year of blogging.
Thank you to everyone who has read, liked and commented on my posts. It’s nice to know that my voice is being heard. Any ideas on improving the blog/posts you’d like to see will be welcomed in the comments. I’m working on some new post ideas for the upcoming weeks, so watch this space.
Here’s to a bigger, bloggier second year!